Hot Spyse Update 🌶️
We worked hard and now it’s time for a big Spyse release. What’s new this time:
1. New Scanning Solution – completely updated scanning systems, data storage, and data processing.
2. New Search Options – improved flexible search and its interface for comfortable and fast work with Spyse’s data
3. New API v3 – includes the changes related to new scanning and search options
New Scanning Solution
We’ve launched a new system of data gathering which allows us to retrieve significantly more data with more preciseness. The new data-gathering model scans the Internet constantly to get the freshest results.
At this time the overall amount of data is increased by 16%, the overall amount of DNS records is increased by 27%, and continues to be scanned.
Now you get more data in connection with the new data storing system. The storage is more effective and saves up space which will be used up by new information. Also, it helps provide data a bit faster than it was before.
We have updated the data validating algorithm which now helps to connect data better and to show more precise results.
In the nearest time, you can experience certain delays in the work of the service, as all the infrastructure has been overloaded by the data collecting and updating workers.
New Search Options
Now users don’t need to pick a specific target for search (domain/IP/AS…), just fill out the input and we will show the right info.
Also, the basic search is now connected with the header for quick use.
Updated Advanced Search allows users to create fine-tuned requests finding precise data much faster and easier.
First of all, we have added a search tree that helps to see the connections of the filters, dependencies between them, and easily locate needed filters or operators.
Request sample: Press Here
Now it’s much easier and faster to add search filters, and search operators could be edited just by clicking on it, without the necessity to delete the whole filter.
We added a new option of group filters. It creates the ability to search using combination of the name and value
Request sample: Press Here
Note, that subscribed users have significantly more opportunities than free users, and some filters are blocked for different subscription types. Check out our pricing page for more details.
We have fixed the case-sensitive search issue. There’s no need anymore to guess where to use the capital letters, users now able to use the uppercase and the lowercase letters. 🙃
We added changes to advanced search and scanning system updates which made API more flexible and reliable. Also, updated the documentation for more convenient use.
- All */search HTTP requests now use POST method instead of GET
- The changed Json object structure for search_params parameter for all */search HTTP request
- Now you can search by a specific HTTP header name+value pair. The same feature is available for site meta tags.
- The default search is no longer case-sensitive. To a search with case-sensitive values, input the following parameter into the filter: is_case_sensitive = true.
- SPF requests are removed
Changes in results structures:
- For IP:
- Removed fields continent_code and continent_code
- Added fields postal_code, region_iso_code, region_name
- The score has been moved inside of the structure score (now the value will be available via the score.score path)
- For Port:
- Added <extract.cookies>.
- For Domain
- Removed fields <dns_records.ptr> and <dns_records.spf>
- Added <extract.cookies>, <is_cname>, <is_ptr>
- Renamed <extract.favicon_uri_sha256> to <extract.favicon_sha256>
- <Alexa_rank> moved to <alexa_info.rank>
- For Certificate
- Expanded extensions, issuer, and subject
Made changes to filters for /search requests:
- For domain/search:
- Added: <domain_is_mx>, <domain_is_ns>, <domain_is_ptr>
- Removed: <domain_whois_registrar_referral_url>, <domain_whois_registrar_ns>
- For cert/search:
- Added: <cert_validity_start>, <cert_validity_end>
- For all requests to create a download task, support for the list of columns to be uploaded to the file has been added (column_list parameter). This is a mandatory parameter now.
- Added request on receiving a list of tasks for downloading.
Feel free to leave your recommendations and suggestions on Spyse improving any element of the service. Cheers!